Sweet Ava
Chuck and Laney

Carter, AKA Spiderman and Laney

Josh and Melissa's baby, Madelyn

Judy, Ava, Laney and Me
Carter and his friends opening presents
Josh, Rodney, Ava and Sabrina
The cake and blowing out the candles
Trying to break the pinata
Chuck and LaneyCarter, AKA Spiderman and Laney
Josh and Melissa's baby, Madelyn
Carter turned 5 on June 17th. We had his birthday party on Sunday, June 14th so that Chuck could be home. We did the party at our house this year. We had a slip-n-slide, sprinklers and water guns and a pinata. The theme was Spiderman, of course. All of his little friends came and played. He had a great time and got tons of toys.
Then on his actual birthday, he wanted to go to the Japenese restaurant but my dad talked him into going to Papa's Pizza to play games. He has said all week, I can wear whatever I want and watch whatever I want because it is my birthday week. We are counting down the seconds until his birthday week is over!
I have such mixed emotions about him turning 5. I am so happy and realize how blessed I am. He is such a sweet little boy and has been such a blessing to us everyday. However, I do not want him to be growing up. The last few days of school, I looked at how much my kindergarteners changed throughout the year and realized that is going to be my baby next year. I always hear people say once a child starts school, time just flies by. Then I think, this first 5 years has flown by, how can it go any faster. I just want to freeze him right where he is...his sweet innocent ways.





No comments:
Post a Comment