Opening the door to the school as a kindergartener.
Chuck and I have been dreading this day for 5 years and 2 months. We didn't want our little boy to grow up so quickly.
In Gaston County, we have phase in days for kindergarten where half of the kids go to school on day from 8:30 - 11:00 and the other half go the next day. Then no children go on the 3rd day so that they can screen the children who weren't screened during the summer. Then it is full force for the whole day on the 4th day.
Wednesday was the day Carter went for phase in. I had to be at school at 7:30 so I left Chuck with both kids. He dropped Laney off at mom's and then brought Carter to school. Once I got my kids settled, I went down to the gym to meet Chuck and Carter. I thought that I would cry a lot and so would Carter. For those of you who don't remember, Carter was a pre-school dropout. He cried everyday and would chase me out of the school. I was late for work everyday so finally after March, I decided just to take him out.
Wednesday was the day Carter went for phase in. I had to be at school at 7:30 so I left Chuck with both kids. He dropped Laney off at mom's and then brought Carter to school. Once I got my kids settled, I went down to the gym to meet Chuck and Carter. I thought that I would cry a lot and so would Carter. For those of you who don't remember, Carter was a pre-school dropout. He cried everyday and would chase me out of the school. I was late for work everyday so finally after March, I decided just to take him out.
Well, this was totally different. He walked in and kissed my goodbye. Then he went to sit with his class. He had to sit in the gym for about 10 minutes. The whole time, he just looked around smiling. We looked at him one time and he was trying to eat his lunch out of his lunch box. My mom came to pick him up from school at 11:00 so I went out to check on him. The first thing he said was, "mom, I didn't pull my bee, can I have a prize?" He said h e had a great day and loves his teachers, Mrs. Burgess and Mrs. Farris!
Carter being happy made me happy and I didn't cry on Wednesday. However, I did cry pretty much all day Tuesday. I guess I got it all out ahead of time.
Laney and my mom are going to be so lost without him but he is going to have a great year!





No comments:
Post a Comment